Do you have a ‘bucket list’? A list of things to do before you die?
If you do, perhaps some of them seem a bit far fetched, or don’t actually motivate or inspire you to do anything differently on a day to day basis?
Well recently I turned…. and age close to 40 is all we’ll say, and it sparked me to undertake an exercise of making a list of ’40 things to do before I’m 40′. I also talk about the list in a recent podcast episode.
It’s been a very interesting exercise and I encourage anyone at any time in their life to stop and think about those things that you want to do but never have.
Follow my journey on Instagram here and watch out for the hashtags #40things to follow my progress!
40 things to do before I am 40
1. Learn to use chopsticks
2. Climb a mountain
3. Learn a second joke
4. Master the art of self acceptance
5. Learn tai chi
6. Sing karaoke
7. Sky dive
8. Go on a road trip with friends
9. Get kicked out of a pub
10. Go to the MCG
11. Go on an spontaneous holiday with less than 12 hours notice
12. Go camping more
13. Learn to drive the 4wd on sand
14. Cook a five course dinner
15. Get a tattoo
16. Run a race
18. Learn to knit
19. Have a snowfight
20. Take a surfing lesson
21. Visit Europe
22. Go whale watching
23. Finish all the books in my book shelf
24. Visit Fraser Island
25. Climb a bridge
26. Go to Tropical Think Tank 16
37. Attend or host a murder mystery dinner
28. Get on TV
29. Do something I wouldn’t tell my mother about
30. Stay up all night
31. Sit in a park under a tree and just read all day
32. Get healthy
33. Buy a dress that is over $1000
34. Get a facial
35. Be in a movie
36. Organise a Podcasting Conference
37. Speak at an overseas conference
38. Fly business class
39.Get a official family photo of all the kids and grandkids
40. Be the best version of myself everyday
Have you ever done a mid life bucket list??